Current/Future Research Projects
- Please refer to our Projects page for details. Click Here!
Undergraduate Lab Positions
- Please contact the Lab Manager for more details and to apply.
Life in Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill is one of few places that offer world-class research opportunities with a high quality of life and a warm climate. Chapel Hill, and its adjoining town Carrboro, is part of the Research Triangle region of North Carolina, along with the cities of Durham and Raleigh. It’s often said that the region has the highest concentration of PhD’s due to the area’s Universities (UNC, NC State, Duke ) and Research Triangle Park. The area is renowned for its hospitality, its food, and its music scene.
There are lots of outdoor activities in the area, including cycling, running, and swimming (hence all the triathletes). Chapel Hill is also ~2 hours from the Atlantic Ocean, ~2 hours from the mountains, and ~4.5 hours from the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Durham Bulls (local AAA baseball team)
- DPAC (performing arts center)
- Cats Cradle (live music)
- Saxapahaw (indoor and outdoor live music on the Haw River)
- Carrboro Farmer’s Market (the hub of a vibrant local food community)
- Eno River State Park
- American Tobacco Trail
- Raven Rock State Park
- Uwharrie National Forest
- Blowing Rock
- Grandfather Mountain
- Pisgah National Forest
- Davidson River (blue ribbon trout fishing)
- Outer Banks